Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Kohlrabi Experience

Ok, so a long time ago I heard about Kohlrabi. The name of it and the way it was described made me want to try it out for myself. Well, in Nebraska, Kohlrabi doesn't seem to exist. Not even at Whole foods market! Until Yesterday. :) I happened to stumble upon Kohlrabi at the local Hyvee. Hyvee! can you believe it! So i decided that the reason I couldn't seem to find it anywhere is because it was simply not in season.
Anyways.....

This is the recipe I made for it- wasn't too bad, but the taste of Kohlrabi is definitely unique and might take some acquiring.


p.s. This is my profile on tasty kitchens! Love this site!
p.s.s If you like this site then go to thepioneerwoman.com

It really is a funny looking vegetable isn't it?

Gettin' all sauted and carmelized up!

No comments:

Post a Comment